BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Red Pepper Shrimp Linguini / Dei Fratelli Tomatoes


Afew months ago I was a winner in a Dei Fratelli Tomatoes contest for my recipe for Red Pepper Shrimp Linguini. Spicy and easy to prepare, I make this all the time. The less mess I have to make, the better sometimes, and only 2 pots are needed for this one.
My prize from the contest was a box of Dei Fratelli products every month for a year, and I just got my first one yesterday. There were other items in the box (like salsas) that were spirited off by my family before I could take a photo, but I will definitely make use of every item. This brand is one of my favorites as they use real food ingredients. No high fructose corn syrup, no need for a chemistry degree to decipher the label.

http://www.deifratelli.com/recipes/recipes_contest09.php

Red Pepper Shrimp Linguini

Ingredients:
  • 1/3 cup Olive oil
  • 1 cup White onion, sliced thin
  • 1 cup Red bell peppers, sliced
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup Fresh basil, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. Oregano
  • 1 Tbsp. Rosemary
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
  • 3/4 cup Mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 14.5 oz. can Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian Tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 pounds Fresh large shrimp, cleaned and deveined, tail on (can substitute thawed frozen cooked shrimp)
  • 1 pound Linguini, cooked al dente per package instructions

Preparation:
Heat oil in large pot with lid. Add onion, peppers, garlic, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt, pepper and mushrooms. Sautée over medium heat 5 minutes. Add tomatoes. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and simmer until shrimp is pink and hot (if using frozen cooked shrimp, approx 5 minutes to heat through). Toss with cooked pasta

1 comments:

Velva said...

I can see why you were the winner! Your red shrimp linguine dish looks really awesome. Thanks for sharing.